Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Upcoming GDPR webinars you might be interested in

From: Joanna Grama <jgrama () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 19:45:27 +0000

Hello everyone,

GDPR continues to be a hot topic on many EDUCAUSE listservs, including this one.  I recently received a list of
upcoming GDPR webinars that you may find interesting and am passing that information along here.  Questions about these
webinars should be directed to the organization sponsoring the webinar.

March 1, 12:30pm EST. The Forum on Education Abroad, How the EU General Data Protections Regulation Changes Apply to
Education Abroad. Cost is $100 (non member) https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Qd8M4vhDTQyR0v7aII71kg

March 8, 11am EST. Department of Commerce webinar, Europe's GDPR and EU - U.S. Privacy Shield For U.S. Education
Sector.  Cost is $50
https://emenuapps.ita.doc.gov/ePublic/event/editWebReg.do?SmartCode=8QCR

March 9, 11am EST. EDUCAUSE webinar, Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Cost is $69 (non
members)
https://events.educause.edu/educause-live/webinars/2018/introduction-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr

EDUCAUSE continues to add new GDPR resources to our webpage here:
https://library.educause.edu/topics/policy-and-law/eu-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr

Have a lovely weekend,
Joanna

Joanna Grama, JD, CISSP, CRISC, CIPT
Director of Cybersecurity and IT GRC Programs

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 720.406.6769 | jgrama () educause edu<mailto:jgrama () educause edu>

Become a Member- Everyone at your organization is an EDUCAUSE member when you join | Access discounts, resources, and
valuable peer networks | Discover membership<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership>