Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: privilege escalation software

From: Scott Stoops <sstoops () ASHLAND EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:38:56 +0000

Chad,

CyberArk also provides this kind of functionality.

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 8:36 AM WALTER KERNER <walter_kerner () fitnyc edu>
wrote:

Hi Chad.  Try looking at a tool called Avecto.  We are just about to roll
it out but it tested well here at FIT.  It works on Macs and PCs and gives
you lots of control over what users can and cannot do.  The user only has
regular user privileges but if you want them to they can change system
time, install printers, software from approved sources, etc.

Walter Kerner

AVP and CISO

[image: blue]

333 7th Avenue, 13th Floor