Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NIST 800-171 Checkup & Lessons Learned

From: Jim StClair <jim.stclair@TBE.SOLUTIONS>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 12:18:54 -0600

Hi All! Just catching up on this thread.

Yes, not to speak for Darren but the DFARS reg requires a System Security
Plan (SSP) AND Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) that complies with NIST
800-171, hence the two references.

For my part, I have worked with a University to complete these documents
based on a cloud-based enclave. I would be happy to discuss separately and
not "clog" this listserv.

regards,

Jim St.Clair
228-273-4893