Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Employee Role Change Procedures - Office365

From: "Mr. Calvin A. Krzywiec" <calvin.krzywiec () SCRANTON EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 15:08:26 +0000

Greetings,

We are in the process of planning a migration from a on premises file storage solution to OneDrive for Business. We are
taking this opportunity to review our employee separation and role change procedures. With our current file storage
solution, we can easily control access to the service by assigning and removing the role to a user account. However,
since all users receive OneDrive as part of the Office365 suite, we’ll need to establish a procedure for handling
employee separations, particularly when an employee changes institutional role (e.g. from staff to student). Our main
objectives are to remove access to institutional data and preserve the data for access by the supervisor.

How do other schools handle transitions in institutional roles for similar services?

Thanks,

--
Cal A. Krzywiec, CCNP, CCDA
Manager, Network and Security Services