Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NCSAM is just 4 days away!

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:57:51 +0000

National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2017 is just 4 days away!

Here are 5 things you can do to get ready and show your institution’s support during the month of October.

1) Attend our NCSAM Webinar on October 23, 1-2 pm ET
Join Jason Hoenich (Habitu8) and the EDUCAUSE community for an in-depth discussion about the risks related to
delivering poor awareness programs versus adapting to changing needs and demands of the attack surface and learning
behaviors of humans, as well as how to move our programs to Security Awareness 2.0. Registration is now
available<https://events.educause.edu/educause-live/webinars/2017/shifting-to-security-awareness-2-0>

2) Become a NCSAM Champion
Show your support as a 2017 champion – sign up on behalf of your
institution<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/ncsam-champion/>. Last year we had over 170 colleges and universities
register. Help us beat that record! (It’s free and only takes a few minutes.)

3) Take Advantage of Free Resources for Higher Ed
Our Awareness Campaigns
page<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program/awareness-campaigns>
 includes NCSAM resources for colleges and universities, as well as dozens of guest blogs that are part of our
year-round campus security awareness campaign with customizable content and suggested resources (the 2018 content was
posted earlier this week).

4) Use the Hashtag #CyberAware to Promote NCSAM
Share advice, events, activities, and links to resources on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #CyberAware. NCSA
has created sample social media posts, infographics, posters, memes, and
more<https://staysafeonline.org/resources/?filter=.topic-ncsam.resource-item>.

5) Join the Weekly #ChatSTC Conversation
NCSA is hosting weekly #ChatSTC Twitter
chats<https://staysafeonline.org/press-release/october-1-digital-citizens-worldwide-will-reminded-shared-global-responsibility-secure-internet/>
 during NCSAM. Join @StaySafeOnline and @HEISCouncil and share your expertise at 3 pm ET/noon PT on Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26,
and Nov. 1. Don’t miss the kick-off #ChatSTC Twitter chat on Tuesday, Oct. 3, 11-11:30 am ET!

We hope you’ll continue to share your institution’s October security awareness plans with us. We’re already hearing
about some great new campaigns!

And please feel free to contact me with any questions or resources you might like to share.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

Become a Member- Everyone at your organization is an EDUCAUSE member when you join | Access discounts, resources, and
valuable peer networks | Discover membership<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership>

Get ready for NCSAM 2017 with our security awareness resources<http://www.educause.edu/securityawareness>.