Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

2018 Campus Security Awareness Campaign: January-December Content Now Available!

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 17:24:28 +0000

Greetings Security, Privacy, IDM, & ITCOMM CG members,

Are you starting to develop your campus awareness campaigns for 2018? We have some new resources that may be helpful as
you begin to identify hot topics and develop fresh content: http://www.educause.edu/securityawareness#securityawareness

The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) Awareness and Training Working Group has published the third
year-round campus security awareness campaign designed to support security professionals and IT communicators as they
develop or enhance their own security awareness plans. The 2018 campaign includes 12 Security Matters column blog posts
on new monthly topics with ready-made content for your campus communications channels.

Overview blog

·         Take Advantage of the 2018 Security Awareness Campaign
Materials<https://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/take-advantage-of-the-2018-security-awareness-campaign-materials>

2018 Blogs

  1.  January 2018: Privacy Is Our Shared
Responsibility<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/january-2018-privacy-is-our-shared-responsibility>
  2.  February 2018: Good Cybercitizens Make the Internet a Safer and Better
Place<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/february-2018-good-cybercitizens-make-the-internet-a-safer-and-better-place>
  3.  March 2018: How to Protect Your Data and Devices While Traveling with
Tech<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/march-2018-how-to-protect-your-data-and-devices-while-traveling-with-tech>
  4.  April 2018: Spring Cleaning—Be Green, Not
Blue<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/april-2018-spring-cleaning-be-green-not-blue>
  5.  May 2018: Use Strong Passwords and Passphrases to Lock Down Your
Login!<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/may-2018-use-strong-passwords-and-passphrases-to-lock-down-your-login>
  6.  June 2018: Beef Up Your Physical
Security<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/june-2018-beef-up-your-physical-security>
  7.  July 2018: Secure Remote Access—Easy as A, B,
C<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/july-2018-secure-remote-access-easy-as-a-b-c>
  8.  August 2018: Are You Ready for
Ransomware?<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/august-2018-are-you-ready-for-ransomware>
  9.  September 2018: Do You Have a Personal Backup
Plan?<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/september-2018-do-you-have-a-personal-backup-plan>
  10. October 2018: Don't Let a Phishing Scam Reel You
In<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/october-2018-dont-let-a-phishing-scam-reel-you-in> (NCSAM)
  11. November 2018: Shop Safe Online, Even on Black
Friday!<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/november-2018-shop-safe-online-even-on-black-friday>
  12. December 2018: Securing New Devices in an IoT
World<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/december-2018-securing-new-devices-in-an-iot-world>

The Awareness & Training group worked hard over the summer to make sure the new content and resources were available in
time for National Cyber Security Awareness Month. You can start to share the content and resources now or use it to
build next year’s campus awareness campaign over the next few months.

Learn more about our awareness campaign
resources<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program/awareness-campaigns>
 (and find additional resources as you prepare for NCSAM 2017)!

Thank you!
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

Become a Member- Everyone at your organization is an EDUCAUSE member when you join | Access discounts, resources, and
valuable peer networks | Discover membership<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership>