Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: UTAustin :: Interest in Dorkbot?

From: Cam Beasley <cam () UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 21:20:14 -0500

Howdy all —

Hope everyone’s fall semesters are off to a great start.

I wanted to provide an update to my earlier Dorkbot offer..

We are now serving well over 200 campuses and we’re looking for new subscribers..  Sign up is really quite easy.
I’d ask for any campuses subscribed to the service to share their experiences to help encourage those who are unsure
about the value of the service.

Here’s a bit of data from the Dorkbot service thus far:

//////////

(Mar-2017 thru Aug-2017)

26 = the average number of confirmed web application vulnerabilities per campus
199 = the highest number of vulnerabilities reported to a single campus
205 = total campuses subscribed

2,825 = verified XSS vulnerability reported
596 = verified SQLi vulnerable pages reported
24 = verified LFI vulnerable pages reported
16 = verified OS command injection vulnerable pages reported
4 = verified remote file inclusion vulnerable pages reported
3,465 = Total Vulnerabilities Reported

More information about Dorkbot can be found at:

 https://security.utexas.edu/dorkbot

Thanks,

~cam.

--