Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Tableau for Student's data Analytics

From: "Klein Keane, Justin" <Klein_KeaneJ () MLHS ORG>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:14:08 +0000

Hello,

  I responded to Ronald offline, but for the sake of everyone else, we are looking at Tableau as well, especially since
a lot of vendors are now producing data that is formatted for the free Tableau Reader program.  This means that a lot
of organizations (mine included) are now being asked to install Tableau Reader on workstations so that employees can
ingest, review, and analyze data from third parties.  Evaluating Tableau Reader is difficult since we’re not a customer
and Tableau has been completely unresponsive to our requests for details around the security of this program and
potential impact on our security profile and overall risk assessment.

  I’m happy to share responses we get from Tableau, if we ever receive any, and would be keenly interested in anyone
else’s experience.

Cheers,

Justin C. Klein Keane, MA MCIT CEPT C|EH
Security Architect
Enterprise Architecture and Security
Main Line Health Information Technology
https://www.mainlinehealth.org/
klein_keanej () mlhs org<mailto:klein_keanej () mlhs org>
484-596-2203