Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

ShadowBrokers dump of NSA Equation Group Files

From: "Seiwert, Matt" <Matt.Seiwert () WICHITA EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 19:01:28 +0000

Hello.

If you haven’t already seen this in the news, the ShadowBrokers group has released the collection of NSA Windows
exploits they claimed to have obtained. Various members of the information security community have already verified
that this dump is legitimate. This dump has given a toolbox of ready to use exploits to anyone who wishes to download
them now. Many of the tools target older versions of Windows and IIS, but many institutions still have world facing
services that fall into the affected scope.

I wanted to bring this to everyone’s attention in case anyone had missed it.

Reference:

Shadow Brokers Dump Alleged Windows Exploits and NSA Presentations on Targeting Banks:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/shadow-brokers-dump-alleged-windows-exploits-and-nsa-presentations-on-targeting-banks

NSA-leaking Shadow Brokers just dumped its most damaging release yet:

https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/04/nsa-leaking-shadow-brokers-just-dumped-its-most-damaging-release-yet/

Key analysts working on evaluation of these files:

https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog
https://twitter.com/x0rz
https://twitter.com/hackerfantastic

Thank you.

Matt

|| Matt Seiwert – IT Security Team – 316-978-3049 – matt.seiwert () wichita edu<mailto:matt.seiwert () wichita edu> ||