Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HECVAT Security Assessment Question

From: Joanna Grama <jgrama () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:51:55 +0000

Hi Kevin,
Great question. One of the goals of the HECVAT working group this fall is to figure out the best way to share
information about the institutions that are using HECVAT (and the service providers involved).  As you might imagine,
information sharing is a bit informal at the moment until we work through the ins/outs of how to do this properly.

However, we can be somewhat more deliberate about our informal efforts.  If your institution has used the HECVAT, and
you would be interested in sharing upon request your experiences with the tool and vendor responses, please fill out
our very low-fi google form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd2ZfXc6ZsxgncDnQzcNa7zFt-pr3ko39e7z6E2XtcoZvd47Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

You will need to submit one response per service provider/product completing a HECVAT (which will make sorting the
response spreadsheet for products/institutions a bit easier).  We will be able to use this list to potentially match up
institutions when we get requests like the one that I shared this morning.

Finally, if you have used the HECVAT and want to share information about your experiences with the tool, please
consider taking the working group’s feedback survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PQSLMBK

Kind regards,
Joanna

Joanna Grama, JD, CISSP, CRISC, CIPT
Director of Cybersecurity and IT GRC Programs

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 720.406.6769 | cell: 720.507.5983 | jgrama () educause edu<mailto:jgrama () educause edu>

Attend the EDUCAUSE Metrics
Mania!<https://events.educause.edu/webinar/2017/metrics-mania-using-metrics-to-bolster-your-higher-education-information-security-program>
 online seminar, August 9, 2017.