Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Do you have a achievable BYOD policy?

From: David D Grisham <DGrisham () SALUD UNM EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 19:46:48 +0000

You don't have to be in healthcare to answer. But we need a BYOD policy where the users will have to agree to
installing apps that access our healthcare information can be wiped if there is cause. Note we are planning to make
clear we won't be wiping the whole phone should that happen. Just the area where they access healthcare information
including secure texting, EHR access, etc.
I have reviewed the Educause library. But I need to know if anyone has successfully deployed BYOD in a similar manner.
Thanks in advance.
Important: We will never ask for your password,  we don't need it, we don't want it  so please do not  give it to us or
anyone else.
Cheers.-grish
David Grisham
David Grisham, PhD, CISM, CRISC,  CHS III
Manager, Cybersecurity, UNM Hospitals, UNM Health Science Center
505.272.5657
Dgrisham () salud UNM edu