Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Input on setting up a digital forensics lab

From: "Seiwert, Matt" <Matt.Seiwert () WICHITA EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 15:22:43 +0000

Hello,

I would recommend taking a look at Tony Robinson’s massive documentation project on creating Virtual Labs. It covers
various products both free and non-free (VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox). It will give you guidance on how to both create
a secure environment with a virtual lab, and help you get more value from the hardware you are using.

There is a good summary of the project at Peerlyst:

https://www.peerlyst.com/posts/the-avatar-project-architecting-a-multi-purpose-virtual-lab-environment-tony-robinson-1

The AVATAR Project PDF can be found at:

https://www.blindseeker.com/AVATAR/

Best of luck to you.

Matt

|| Matt Seiwert – IT Security Team – 316-978-3049 – matt.seiwert () wichita edu<mailto:matt.seiwert () wichita edu> ||