Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SIEM preferences for the budget conscious institution

From: "Johnson, Kyle A" <KAJohnson () INDIANATECH EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 19:13:35 +0000

I used Splunk in a previous job and I absolutely loved it. I am trying to push for it here as well. I used Splunk
strictly for incident response, and it worked tremendously well. There are also a great deal of add-on applications
that can be integrated within Splunk. Very easy to customize dashboards, receive emailed reports/alerts, etc. I would
highly recommend it, especially if you integrate some sort of threat intel solution with it. The Splunk classes are
worth your time and money as well.

Regards,

Kyle Johnson, GSEC, CEH

Information Security Officer

kajohnson () indianatech edu <mailto:kajohnson () indianatech edu>  / www.IndianaTech.edu <http://www.indianatech.edu/>

O: 260-422-5561 x2107

M: 260-343-1606

1600 E. Washington Blvd. / Fort Wayne, IN 46803

PHISHING? Forward the email to  <mailto:abuse () indianatech edu> abuse () indianatech edu for reporting and
investigation