Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Vault Solutions

From: Wesley Hayato Tomatsu <tomatsu () OXY EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:27:04 -0800

We use Password Manager Pro and it works reasonably well for us although we
aren’t really making the full use of all of its features such as automatic
password resets and such. But it was a lot cheaper for us than Thycotic as
we only have a license for 5 administrators (only administrators are able
to add new resources into the database; you can have an unlimited number of
users who are able to access or change existing passwords).

Adding resources is a bit complicated and searching doesn’t always work the
way you expect it to.

I also set up a shell script that uses the PMP API (which requires
allocation of 1 admin license for the API account) which other folks can
use to help streamline the process.

Wesley H Tomatsu '01
Director of Infrastructure & Information Security
Information Technology Services
Occidental College
Work: 323.259.1428
Fax: 323.341.4895

On January 27, 2017 at 10:23:22 AM, Gregg, Christopher S. (