Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Organizations residing on campus

From: "Gregg, Christopher S." <csgregg () STTHOMAS EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:31:28 +0000

This is something we are starting to work through now.  We have several entities on our campus who have varying levels
of connection to the university, and we have a long history of treating them all as full members of the university in
terms of being granted accounts, using university leased computers (with and without a chargeback), having their
website hosted by the university, receiving technical support, etc.  We are working with our legal office to establish
more formal agreements with these groups that clearly define what services they receive from the university and which
they need to provide themselves.  This makes sense to do, but unwinding years of history is a challenge and when the
organization also has ties to an academic program it gets even more interesting.

Since we are just starting down this path, I too would be interested to hear from others who have these relationships
more formally defined.  I'd also be happy to collaborate with others who working on this same topic.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Gregg
Associate Vice President of Information Security & Risk Management
Information Technology Services (ITS)
csgregg () stthomas edu<mailto:csgregg () stthomas edu>
p 1 (651) 962-6265
University of St. Thomas | stthomas.edu<https://www.stthomas.edu/>