Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft MFA vs. Duo

From: "Kurtz, Eric" <kurtz () SUSQU EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:52:55 +0000

Chris,
We are starting to look at this too (being an O365/AD prem user).   I like that the Microsoft MFA will do conditional
MFA based on analytics of login locations and not just force MFA to all clients for O365 logins. I think you need the
EMS license to do this though. And they now have the MFA server so you can integrate with other apps like radius.  I'd
be interested to hear about your comparison and implementation.

Eric Kurtz
Senior Systems Engineer
Office of Information Technology
Susquehanna University
514 University Avenue
Selinsgrove, PA 17870-1164
kurtz () susqu edu<mailto:kurtz () susqu edu>