Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Asset Inventory Solutions

From: "King, Tom L. (CardOffice)" <KingTL () CCSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 14:50:14 +0000

Hi Neal,

Currently we are using Lansweeper for software inventory, but it can also do hardware.  I found the price point to be
very attractive and it was fairly easy to configure and get running.  It has full support for Windows environments and
some support for Linux / Macs.  What I really like about the product is how easy they allow you to write custom
reports.  If you have someone on your staff who is good with SQL they should be able to get whatever you need out of
the system.  As far as I know though it does not have any way to track where you keep your data however I have not
really looked into it.  If you want more information about it please let me know.

Thomas L. King
Director of Auxiliary Services
for Information Technology
Central Connecticut State University