Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Invitation to Submit a Proposal for the EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference 2017

From: Lanita Rae Collette <Lanita.Collette () NAU EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 18:08:40 +0000

Just in time for the launch of National Cyber Security Awareness month, the 2017 Security Professionals Conference
Committee invites proposal submissions.

The15th annual <http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference>
<http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference> Security Professionals
Conference<http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference>
<http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference> will be held May 1-3, 2017 in Denver, Colorado.
Please submit your preconference seminar or track session proposal by Monday, November 14!

The 2017 conference offers the higher education information security community a time to reflect on our collective past
experiences, focus on current challenges, and envision new strategies to improve information security in higher
education.

We are seeking presentations on information security and privacy topics that would be of interest to higher education
CISOs, CIOs, CPOs, and other security practitioners. Providing a content-rich seminar or session as an individual or a
team is a wonderful way to learn from each other as we share experiences, ideas, and information. Submit a proposal to
share future directions, best practices, stories on successful collaborations, or solutions to community-wide issues of
interest.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this opportunity, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Lanita

Lanita Collette
Chair, 2017 Security Professionals Conference
University Information Security Officer
Northern Arizona University
(928) 523-8438