Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Storage

From: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman () IP-SOLUTIONS NET>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 21:49:33 -0500

Hi Russell,

So I'm very curious about your use of Secret Server. We've come up with a
way to use LastPass Enterprise to manage credentials in a way that aligns
with good controls around authentication, authorization, and password
management for both user specific credentials as well as sponsored
account/service credentials/privileged credentials.

I'd love to see LastPass fill the space that things like Secret Server,
Amazon KMS, Cyber Ark do with checking out access to keys/certs.
Specifically through standard APIs.

Have you folks addressed this within Secret Server?

Cheers,
Harry

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 8:20 PM, Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>