Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Storage

From: Taylor Randle <TRandle () PARKER EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:05:38 +0000

We've been using Thycotic's Secret Server for some time and have been happy with it. They have a free version that has
a lot of bells and whistles - we were previously using Password Safe so even the free version was a significant step in
the right direction. We recently purchased the Professional edition for some additional functionality.

Easy to setup - detailed instructions and security focused. The one time I had to interact with support was a pleasant
experience. We were still using the free version at the time but the level of support felt as if we were paying
customers.

Here's a comparison of their versions:

https://thycotic.com/products/secret-server/features/

~Taylor

Taylor Randle
Director, Client Services & IT Security

https://www.parker.edu/uploadedImages/0000_Home/0012_Images/Email_Signature/Parker_H_RGB.png]

2540 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75229
T: 214.902.2439 | F: 214.902.2431
trandle () parker edu<mailto:trandle () parker edu>
www.parker.edu<http://www.parker.edu/> | www.parkerseminars.com<http://www.parkerseminars.com/>

https://www.parker.edu/uploadedImages/0000_Home/0012_Images/Email_Signature/Facebook_Square_RGB.png]<http://www.facebook.com/ParkerUniversity>

https://www.parker.edu/uploadedImages/0000_Home/0012_Images/Email_Signature/YouTube_Square_RGB.png]<http://www.youtube.com/ParkerUniversity>

https://www.parker.edu/uploadedImages/0000_Home/0012_Images/Email_Signature/Twitter_Icon_RGB.png]<http://www.twitter.com/ParkerUniv>