Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Google Calendar Sharing/Publishing

From: "Drake, Craig" <c-drake () NEIU EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 11:38:16 -0600

Looking for input on security risk / privacy concerns related to allowing
calendar publishing and/or sharing with publicly or with entities external
to the University.  Currently, we only only our Google Calendars to be
shared with other internal NEIU domain users, but there are requests from
departments to be able to publish their calendars on the public website as
well as possibly integrating the calendars with cloud hosted applications.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Craig

Craig Drake, Chief Information Security Officer

University Technology Services

Northeastern Illinois University

5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773) 442-4386

www.neiu.edu

<http://www.neiu.edu/>