Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: System Hardening Standards

From: Jessica Odom <odom () LCLARK EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:44:43 -0800

We use CIS (https://benchmarks.cisecurity.org/downloads/#free) and tweak to
our environment.  They provide a nice checklist and the technical detail of
how to perform the control, which is helpful since their standards our very
comprehensive.  We definitely cannot do everything they recommend and we
annotate that in our documentation, but it serves as a useful learning
exercise.  --Jess