Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Blackboard Phishing Emails

From: "Johnson, Kyle A" <KAJohnson () INDIANATECH EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 20:53:43 +0000

All,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we have been dealing with a
bunch of Blackboard phishing emails lately. Not sure if everyone else is
too, but please be on the lookout for them. Ours have had a link in them
that will then ask for credentials, and unfortunately, we have had a good
amount of people enter them in because the emails appear to be coming from
trustworthy sources, including our own employees.

Stay safe!

Kyle Johnson, GSEC

Information Security Officer

 <mailto:kajohnson () indianatech edu> kajohnson () indianatech edu /
<http://www.indianatech.edu/> www.IndianaTech.edu

O: 260-422-5561 x2107

M: 260-343-1606

1600 E. Washington Blvd. / Fort Wayne, IN 46803