Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: gamer clubs

From: "T. Shayne Ghere" <sghere () FSMAIL BRADLEY EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 16:16:48 -0500

We actually have a degree in Game design here at Bradley.  We carved out a
segment of the network, let them put their own router/firewall in and
completely blocked it from the rest of the campus.  We throttle the
bandwidth they can use so it doesn’t get out of hand.  The only thing those
machines have access to are other machines “designated” within that area
and the internet.  No one can bring their own computers in and have them
work unless they talk with us first.

Shayne

-----------------------------

*Bradley University*