Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: gamer clubs

From: Doug Brooks <dbrooks () PARKLAND EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 13:32:35 +0000

We do not offer anything special for gamers.  We also are a community college and have no dorms.

It has been discussed but there wasn't much interest on behalf of the college to provide this, especially since the
bandwidth would compete with academic use.  We saw no valid reason to support it since it had to ties to our academic
programs.

Doug Brooks
Campus Technologies
Parkland College
Champaign IL  61821

Email: dbrooks () parkland edu<mailto:dbrooks () parkland edu>
Office: 217-353-2661
Cell: 217-621-8550