Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: How to let CS professors receive program submissions without email blocking them

From: Velislav K Pavlov <VelislavPavlov () FERRIS EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 03:04:40 +0000

Using the LMS for student submissions. On the other hand as a part-time instructor for a few higher ed institutions, I
require all submissions and communication to be done via the organization's LMS. It helps to provide non-repudiation,
accountability, standard operational procedure, submission records like date/time, etc. The LMS can also be used to
prove or disprove misconduct. One can easily grant observer/guest access where with email it can be more complicated.
Separation of duties...

Vel Pavlov | IT Security Coordinator
M.Sc. ISM, CISSP, C|HFI, C|EH, C)PTE, Security+, CNA, MPCS, ITILv3F, A+
Ferris State University
Phone (231)-591-5613<tel:%28231%29-591-5613>
For service requests, please contact the
Technology Assistance Center (TAC)<http://www.ferris.edu/techsupport/>

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended addressee (or
authorized to receive for the intended addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please contact the sender and delete
the message.