Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Policies for today's knowledge worker

From: Von Welch <von () VONWELCH COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:15:32 +0000

You touch on the fundamental issue in your question: For the majority of
cases, we are no longer authenticating people, we're authenticating devices
which are authorized by people.

IAM needs to make the shift to include devices as first-class end points,
then polices can follow.

E.g. why should I and the Mail app on my tablet share a password?

Von