Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

google docs google services

From: Mark Reboli <mreboli () MISERICORDIA EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:00:56 +0000

Is anyone utilizing Google Docs or Google Services?  If so how have you dealt with the FERPA compliance component.  I
know this has been discussed in the past and the issue according to our FERPA person on campus has also indicated in
his discussion with other registrars etc. is the potential for the mining  of FERPA information store by Google.  We
have likewise tried for several months to find a good source at google that we can discuss information about this but
have never been responded in all of the requests we have made, so If you have a contact that you can share I would be
most appreciative.

Mark Reboli
Network/Telecom Manager
Misericordia University