Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data Loss Prevention

From: Jeff Choo <jeff_choo () WILLIAMJAMES EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:56:03 +0000

Hi Vel,

We are currently testing O365 DLP by setup a test policy to capture any potential positives but haven't enforced the
policy in O365 Exchange.  My understanding is DLP feature is free with your faculty/staff O365 licenses but I don't
know and haven't heard anything if this will change in the long run.

I have talked with several 3rd party vendors about integration with O365 - all of them said they will launch new
integrations with O365 in this area sometime next year when Microsoft officially published their API to developers
(right now they said it's in beta).

I am not familiar with Digital Guardian.  We are currently looking into Varonis for enterprise DLP.  However Varonis
doesn't do endpoints.

Hope this helps.  Happy Holidays.

Jeff Choo - Director, Information Technology | Information Security Officer
William James College
T - 617-327-6777 Ext. 1202
F - 617-477-2002
W - www.williamjames.edu