Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Management tools

From: David D Grisham <DGrisham () SALUD UNM EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 15:35:47 +0000

We looked at these tools as well as RiskSense. We chose to build our own based on assessment findings. Key components
are Nessus scans, which get sent to the designated system owner, if patching is not possible then we have built-in an
exception document that is completed by systems and reviewed by ITSecurity then goes through change control for review
and approval. All exceptions are dated and reviewed yearly.
Now with that said, this system is not in production yet. We just started getting the components in place as this is a
large project and needs to be done right.
Cheers.-grish
David Grisham
David Grisham, PhD, CISM, CRISC,  CHS III
Manager, ITSecurity, UNM Hospitals, UNM Health Science Center
505.272.5657
Dgrisham () salud UNM edu