Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: iPhone contacting a sinkhole

From: Ricardo Fitipaldi <rfitipal () MAIL SDSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:17:56 -0800

We have received several from different sources, XCodeGhost was the primary
reason.

RF
*Ricardo Fitipaldi, *Security Analyst
San Diego State University
☎: 619-594-0099
http://security.sdsu.edu

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:44 PM, McClenon, Brady <
Brady.McClenon () oneonta edu> wrote:

We have received three alerts from REN-ISAC in the last month or so about
an address on our network contacting a sinkhole.  In each case the device
was a student’s iPhone on our residential network (a different student in
each case).  I’m curious if anyone else has seen this and if they have had
any luck determining what is causing it.

Thanks,

Brady McClenon

Information Technology Security Administrator

Information Technology Services - IT Security

B237 Milne Library

SUNY College at Oneonta

607-436-3203