Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for BOYD

From: randy <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:11:08 -0400

We have an overarching policy that governs any technology device that
connects to our net. It's at www.policies.vt.edu/7010.pdf. Hopefully, this
answers your questions. If not, let me know.
Randy Marchany
VA Tech IT Security Office and Lab

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 9:58 PM, Don Murdoch <djmurd () cox net> wrote:

Greetings.

Virginia Tech has some info posted:
http://www.cns.vt.edu/data_services.html

I took a quick glance, there is quite a bit of info. I’d expect that there
is some underlying Univ. Policy behind the technical measures they’ve setup.

When I was the ISSO at ODU, the ResNet staff req’d actual building
residents to sign an A.U.P. (8+ yrs ago). Most likely, something like that
survives to this day. Starting place:
http://www.odu.edu/life/housing/on-campus-housing/residents/computing