Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Fwd: FW: [SECURITY] Register Soon for the Security Professionals Conference!

From: "Sherry, David" <david_sherry () BROWN EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 11:32:46 -0400

Esteemed colleagues,

This is just a reminder that the "Early Bird" discount and hotel room
cutoff date for the 2015 Security Professionals Conference ends on Monday
April 6th!  Full details can be found below. We are one month away, and
over 300 security and privacy professionals have already registered.  It is
going to be a great conference, and we hope you can join us.

See you in Minneapolis!

- - - - -
David J. Sherry  MBA CISSP CISM
Chief Information Security Officer
Brown University
Campus Box 1824
Providence, RI  02912
401-863-7266
david_sherry () brown edu
*twitter: @CISOatBrownU*

Note:  CIS staff will *NEVER* ask you for your password, nor will Brown
send you email requesting your password information. Ignore all email
messages requiring you to provide such information.

  Greetings EDUCAUSE Security,

I am pleased to formally announce the 13th annual *Security Professionals
Conference*, which will convene in Minneapolis and online May 4-6, 2015.
This year we are very fortunate to have both renowned author and NSA expert
James Bamford, and Minnesota State’s Chief Information Security Officer
Chris Buse, joining us for our opening and closing keynote sessions.
Discounted “Early Bird” registration is available until April 6, 2015 so I
encourage you to *register now*
<http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference/registration>
!

With a conference theme of *Back to the Future: What Will the Future of
Information Security Look Like?*, the 2015 program is packed with sessions
on Awareness and Training, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Program
Management, Career Development, as well as two full tracks devoted to
technical sessions. If you or someone on your leadership team is charged
with analyzing cybersecurity trends and threats, engineering protection,
and providing ongoing education to users about safeguards, then the Security
Professionals Conference <http://www.educause.edu/sec15> is your
conference.

For more information please take a look at our face-to-face and virtual
conference agendas
<http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference/program-and-agenda>.
And of course please pass this announcement along to your staff members or
colleagues who could benefit from the networking opportunities, solutions,
and new ideas for your campus.

We are look forward to seeing you all in Minneapolis in May!

Best,

Brian Smith-Sweeney, Chair , 2015 Security Professionals Conference

Brian Smith-Sweeney

Chief Information Security Officer

Columbia University Medical Center

51 Audubon Ave, 8-804

New York, NY 10032

[image: cumc_it_small]

*This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named
recipient, and may*

*contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you*

*are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this*

*message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error
or are not the named*

*recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the
electronic mail address*

*noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.*