Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Methods for Acceptable Use Policy acknowledgement

From: John Forker <jforker () MAINE EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:30:06 -0400

Peter,
We put our acceptable use policy in our annual online information security
awareness/training which is in Blackboard.  The Blackboard "course" is
structured such that the employees can't finish the training without
agreeing to the AUP.  We track completion of the traing (and by extension
agreement to the AUP) by using a routine that sends course completion data
to our enterprise system - specifically the certification part of
Peoplesoft HR.
Our language for agreement is simple: "I agree that I have read and
understand the Acceptable Use Policy." I wouldn't make claim to the model
AUP, but I would share that offline if you are interested.
John

John Forker
Chief Information Security Officer
University of Maine System
(207) 973-3293

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Peter Lundstedt <peter.lundstedt () drake edu