Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Methods for Acceptable Use Policy acknowledgement

From: Peter Lundstedt <peter.lundstedt () DRAKE EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:49:02 +0000

Hello all,

Looking to get some insight on what others are doing for acceptable use acknowledgement.  The initial ideas we've had
have been around employees, but the need for student acknowledgement definitely exists as well.  We're looking to get
away from a paper sign-off and into something more manageable that includes guidelines and information that people can
remember and put into use.

Interested in methods of delivery, typical language in the acknowledgement and/or policy itself that has been found to
work well, and any other information on the topic or migration process.

Thanks,

Peter Lundstedt | Information Security Analyst
Drake Technology Services (DTS) | Drake University

T  515.271.4173
E  peter.lundstedt () drake edu<mailto:peter.lundstedt () drake edu>