Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

VASCAN Annual Conference, October 1 - 2, 2015

From: "McDowell, Karen (krm6r)" <krm6r () VIRGINIA EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 21:33:14 +0000

Hello Colleagues,

We are pleased to host the 12th Annual VASCAN Conference October 1-2 (Thursday and Friday) this year at the University
of Virginia. Complete information for attendees and for vendors, as well as the registration link, are here
<http://www.virginia.edu/vascan2015/>

The conference theme is "They Will Get In. What Are We Doing About It?" We will focus on detecting and deterring
threats from malicious actors inside and outside the network. Our keynote speaker is Eric O'Neill
<http://www.ericoneill.net/>, a former FBI counterterrorism and counterintelligence operative who helped capture Robert
Hanssen, one of the most notorious spies in United States history.

In addition to the presentation sessions, we have partnered with SANS to provide an advanced security course, Incident
Response Management MGT535 (one-day version) on the second day of the conference. Randy Marchany, SANS Instructor and
Virginia Tech Information Security Officer, will teach this course, which will also be simulcast onsite to individual
remote students.

Conference registration cost is $135 for the two days. There is no one-day option. If you are interested in the SANS
training, the cost of both the conference and the SANS training is $350.

Additionally, the SANS training will be live-streamed this year for those who cannot attend in person. The cost of the
remote session is $440.

In addition to access to the presentation sessions and optional SANS training, both registration packages include
breakfast and lunch on both days, access to the conference vendor area, event parking, post-conference reception on the
first day, and a conference tote stuffed with promotional items and other goodies.

Again, complete information for attendees and for vendors, as well as the registration link, is here
<http://www.virginia.edu/vascan2015/>

We hope to see you there. This promises to be a very exciting and informative conference.

Thank you.
Kathy

Kathy Kimball, MS, CISSP, CISM
Chief Information Security officer
University of Virginia
2400 Old Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 924-4165

==================================

Please note I am sending this message on behalf of Kathy Kimball.

Karen

==================================
Karen McDowell, Ph.D., GCIH
Information Security Analyst, ISPRO, University of Virginia
2400 Old Ivy Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903
http://www.virginia.edu/informationsecurity
http://securingthehuman.org
http://stopthinkconnect.org
434-924-9815