Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Seeking insights on Two-factor Authentication roll-out from those who implemented at their campuses

From: Nick Lewis <nlewis () INTERNET2 EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 12:48:03 +0000

Hi Tom,

In case you¹re not aware, InCommon/Internet2 convened a group of campuses
to work on many of these same questions as part of a NSTIC grant in
2013/2014. The supporting documentation can be found at:

https://wiki.cohortium.internet2.edu/confluence/display/mfacohortium/Home

One of the documents developed addresses some of your question around
deployment strategies for two-factor authentication:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/mfacohortium/Enterprise+Deployment+Str
ategies+for+Multi-Factor+Authentication

There were a couple presentations at the recent Educause Security
Professionals Conference about campus experiences deploying Duo that might
help:

http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference/2015/0-340
00-multifactor-users-six-months
http://www.educause.edu/events/security-professionals-conference/2015/break
ing-ubiquitous-two-factor-barrier

I am the new program manager at Internet2 in the NET+ program working on
security and identity providers working with Duo. Let me know if you¹d
like more information.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Lewis
NET+ Program Manager, Security and Identity
Internet2
nlewis () internet2 edu