Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Seeking insights on Two-factor Authentication roll-out from those who implemented at their campuses

From: Thomas Skill <tskill1 () UDAYTON EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 13:54:51 -0400

Colleagues,

At the University of Dayton, we are in the active planning stages for the
deployment of Two-Factor Authentication.  We’re very interested in hearing
from campuses that have deployed two-factor authentication on the following
questions:

   1. What provider did you select (Duo, Vasco, others)?
   2. Did you implement two-factor across all systems or just selected
   systems?
   3. If you are using a hosted email solution (such as Google Apps or
   Office 365), did you include that in your two-factor roll-out?
   4. Did you include all faculty and staff or just selected users?
   5. Did you include students or allow for “student opt-in?”
   6. For ongoing two-factor administration, what level of staffing has it
   required?
   7. Based on your roll-out experience, what key bit of advice might you
   offer to those of us considering this move?

My apologies for cross-posting this request - I shared this with the CIO
list earlier with limited responses.   Valerie Vogel from Educause
suggested that this list might be a better fit!

Thanks

Tom Skill

Thomas Skill, Ph.D.
Associate Provost & CIO
Professor of Communication
Office (937) 229-3511
Fax (937) 229-4044

eMail: skill () udayton edu <tskill1 () udayton edu>
Twitter: @skilltd <https://twitter.com/skilltd>
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/skilltd

UDit
University of Dayton