Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Source Conference Boston, Education Discount (May 27-28)

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:52:08 +0000

Good afternoon,
The following event may be of interest to our Security Discussion list members.
Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | educause.edu<http://educause.edu>

_________________________

Hi All:

We’d like to extend some academic discounts to the folks at local universities and the academic community for the
upcoming SOURCE Boston conference and trainings.

The SOURCE Conference, Boston’s premier Information Security conference, specializes in bringing business, technology
and security professionals together to discuss practical solutions to real-world problems. Established in 2008, the
SOURCE Conference provides a unique environment for learning, networking, and exchanging ideas and solutions for
today’s information security challenges.

World-class Agenda
SOURCE gets some of the best speakers in the world, and this year is no exception. You would normally need to get on a
plane and fly to San Francisco or Las Vegas to get the quality of talks you will find every year at SOURCE Boston.

This year’s keynotes include:
Jim Routh, CISO Aetna
Mike Murray, Director, Cyber Security Assessment and Consulting, GE Healthcare
David Kennedy, Founder of Trusted Sec and Binary Defense Systems
Suzanne Schwartz, Director of Emergency Preparedness/Operations and Medical Countermeasures, FDA

We also have an excellent selection of speakers lined up, so we hope to see you there. The main conference is being
held on May 27-28th, and our complete list of speakers and topics can be found at:
http://www.sourceconference.com/#!boston-2015-agenda/c7dp<http://www.sourceconference.com/#%21boston-2015-agenda/c7dp>

We are pleased to offer a discount for the conference and trainings to the academic community.
At-door price   $595
Pre-registration price   $495
Professional Discount:  -$400
Your price, today:     $95

Register here:
http://www.sourceconference.com/#!boston-2015-registration/c2w9<http://www.sourceconference.com/#%21boston-2015-registration/c2w9>

Use the registration code: STUDENT2015 to receive a $400 discount off the ticket price. Everyone who receives an
academic discount must present current academic ID on-site at the conference for entry.

Local Infosec Training!
In addition to the usual agenda, this year we have added a selection of premium training offerings listed below. These
are trainings that are rarely held in the Boston area, so please take advantage of this opportunity.

This year’s selection of trainings include:

5/25/2015  -  InfoSec Train the Trainer   $995
5/26/2015  -  Application Security Risk for Executives and Managers   $995
5/25-26, 2015  -  Practical Web Application Penetration Testing (2 days!) $1995
5/26/2015  -  Crash Course for Cybersecurity First Responders   $995

All training attendees receive a free ticket to the conference on May 27-28th.  Detailed information on the trainings
here:
http://www.sourceconference.com/#!boston-2015-training/coyy<http://www.sourceconference.com/#%21boston-2015-training/coyy>

The SOURCE Boston trainings take place on May 25-26th, and the conference takes place on May 27-28th, 2015 at the
Courtyard Marriott Downtown in Boston.

We are also offering a very limited number of academic discounts on our premium training courses, as indicated below:

One-day trainings classes:
Pre-registration training price  $995
Professional Discount:  -$796
Your price, today:   $199
Two-day training classes:
Pre-registration training price $1995
Professional Discount:        -$1696
Your price, today: $299

This is unheard-of pricing for these kinds of courses, so we have to limit the registration for trainings to about 5
seats per course, and interested students should contact GK Southwick immediately at gksouthwick () sourceconference
com<mailto:gksouthwick () sourceconference com> for the discount code. Register now at:
http://www.sourceconference.com/#!boston-2015-registration/c2w9<http://www.sourceconference.com/#%21boston-2015-registration/c2w9>

Don’t forget! All trainings include a free ticket to the SOURCE Conference on May 27-28, and a training ticket is your
VIP entry to the full SOURCE experience. Seats are limited, so register now to reserve your spot.

This is going to be one of our best events yet, and we hope to see you all there.

Cheers,
Rob Cheyne

Executive Director
SOURCE Conference
rob () sourceconference com<mailto:rob () sourceconference com>
http://www.sourceconference.com/
@SOURCEConf