Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

EDUCAUSE Comments on NTIA Multi-Stakeholder Process for Cybersecurity Engagement, May 2015

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 17:38:58 +0000

Dear Security Discussion list members,

The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) released a request-for-comments (RFC) in the
spring on behalf of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s multi-agency Internet Policy Task Force (IPTF). Entitled
Stakeholder Engagement on Cybersecurity in the Digital Ecosystem, the RFC
(http://www.ntia.doc.gov/federal-register-notice/2015/rfc-stakeholder-engagement-cybersecurity-digital-ecosystem) asked
respondents to provide input on a range of cybersecurity issues that might benefit from multi-stakeholder
collaboration. The RFC noted IPTF’s particular interest in having organizations not under the federal government’s
“critical infrastructure” designation, which would include higher education, participate.

Working with the Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC), EDUCAUSE submitted comments urging IPTF to tap
the knowledge and expertise of the higher education community in any multi-stakeholder effort it might pursue.

Please visit our resource page for additional information, including a copy of the May 12 letter submitted to NTIA and
the Federal Register Notice.
http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/educause-comments-ntia-multi-stakeholder-process-cybersecurity-engagement

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE