Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI P2PE Solutions

From: Julian Y Koh <kohster () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:17:59 +0000

On Wed Mar 18 2015 07:09:56 CDT, "Aube, Jane M." <jaube () MIDDLEBURY EDU> wrote:

We are working with FreedomPay to implement P2PE solutions on our campuses.  FreedomPay is in the process of
validating a P2PE virtual terminal solution and a P2PE hosted payment solution—which fits in nicely with our plans.
I’m happy to discuss further and pass along contact information.

Obviously every installation needs to be QSA-approved for actual compliance, so I’m not asking for any sort of official
compliance, but can you share how your QSA rules on how P2PE helps in terms of keeping things like the network elements
out of PCI scope?  What sorts of network designs can be deployed under this scenario?

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>