Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Poodle/SSLv3 solutions for Mac browsers?

From: Ric Getter <ric.getter () PCC EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:41:32 -0800

We're interested in hearing about how other schools are dealing with the
SSLv3 vulnerability with their Mac OS browsers. We have a patch pretty much
ready to deploy for Firefox (though it no longer seems to be needed with
v34.0.5), the solution for Chrome (creating a script/app that calls Chrome
with additional arguments) seems to be less than elegant. It appears that
we still need to wait for Apple to deal with Safari. We're starting to get
some VP level pressure to get this dealt with and, as the local Mac guy,
I'm getting a bit desperate for solutions. (We seem to have the Windows
systems, which are the vast majority here, handled.)

Thanks,
Ric

Ric Getter
Programmer/Analyst I - TSS Enterprise Applications Team
Portland Community College - Sylvania
971-722-8036