Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Who manages your antivirus.

From: "Williams, Matthew (wilmh)" <WILMH () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 03:28:59 +0000

At UC, Information Security administers the McAfee ePO Application, but unit level administrators are responsible for
desktop management of the systems within their container.  We use ePO to manage antivirus, full-disk encryption and we
plan to roll out other products such as HIDS and DLP in the near future.

  *   The Server Administration team supports the OS and Application level updates. They also support the repository in
the DMZ.
  *   Security manages the application, global policies, and updates to products (including AV).
  *   Unit level administrators (distributed IT staff within the different colleges and other areas) deploy agents and
products to endpoints.  They also have the ability to modify policies when needed.  If a distributed repository is used
at a remote campus, this is also managed by the unit level administrators.
Matthew Williams, BS, CISSP, CISM
Information Security Manager
Office of Information Security | University of Cincinnati
Direct - 513-556-3708 | Dept - 513-558-ISEC (4732) | Fax - 513-556-6365
matthew.williams () uc edu<mailto:matthew.williams () uc edu> | www.uc.edu/infosec<http://www.uc.edu/infosec>