Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Who manages your antivirus.

From: Renee Peters <renee () NORTHEAST EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:13:03 +0000

This role has changed hands over the past several years due to strategic realignments in our technology area. The
Server team used to manage the enterprise console, with Technical team supporting the clients (Security team was
non-existant). Now, the Technical team has more involvement in the management console, with the Server team supporting
the OS. Since our Security department is a new focus and was just created 6 months ago, our approach is that Security
sets the standards - that clients have AV installed with current pattern files, potential infections are quarantined
from the network until resolution, etc. - and the Technical team is responsible for implementing and supporting a
solution that fits these standards.

Renee

Renee Peters  Director of Technology Risk & Service Management
402-844-7072 | renee () northeast edu | fax 402-844-7400

<http://northeast.edu>
[cid:emailsignatureimage30d7d3]

NORTHEAST.EDU<http://northeast.edu>
801  E. BENJAMIN AVE. |  PO BOX 469  |  NORFOLK, NE 68702
402-371-2020    800-348-9033    FAX 402-844-7400

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete this email from your
system.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the College.  The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses.  The College accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.