Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Sharing Files Securely with External Parties

From: "Knights, John" <knightsj () WIT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 19:31:54 +0000

We have a couple techniques for sending/sharing files securely with internal and external parties, but they are not
user-friendly for non-technical users.

We are looking for a good service that the average user can use to securely share/send files with external parties,
preferably one that does not require the outside party to sign up for a service or create an account? For example, we
could use OneDrive for Business, but it requires the recipient to have a Microsoft account to access the file unless we
set it as an open link. At least that is how their support site describes how it works.

Thanks,
John