Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

DLP Best Practices

From: "PERRY II, JAMES" <JDPERRY () MAILBOX SC EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 16:10:43 +0000

All,

The University of South Carolina is developing a data loss prevention notification strategy.  Earlier this year we
selected a DLP product, using the endpoint agent approach, and have an active pilot of ~1,900 reporting workstations.
I am interested in a.) identifying other institutions that are also using an endpoint agent-based DLP solution; b.) how
others are communicating DLP scan results to stakeholders; and, c.) how others are leveraging the scan results in the
implementation of their information security program (i.e. making risk-based decisions using the data).

Regards,

James D. Perry II - Chief Information Security Officer
University of South Carolina
1244 Blossom Street
Columbia, SC  29208
Office: (803) 777-9612