Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: deep freeze needs alittle thawing

From: "Bradley, Stephen" <bradlesw () MIAMIOH EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:31:13 -0400

I believe Deep Freeze has the feature where you can have it thaw and do the
updates and the freeze itself again.

steve

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Mark Reboli <mreboli () misericordia edu>
wrote:

 Our PC services area is utilizing the Faronics Deep Freeze software
laptops.  The version they are utilizing is 7.70.220.4460.  The problem I
am looking for assistance with is this:

They deep freeze the computer, however due to the deep freeze windows
updates are not applied nor is the antivirus software updated.  This
creates issues with our NAC, as NAC requires the pcs to be up-to-date on
both windows updates and antivirus.

Is anyone else utilizing this a software, if so can you tell me how you
got around this issue?

[image: Description: MU Arches]

Mark Reboli

Network/Telcom Manager

Misericordia University

(570) 674-6753

--
Stephen W. Bradley CISSP GCFA GCIH GWAPT SSCP
Senior Security Engineer