Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Finding Servers Using OpenSSL SSL/TLS

From: Steven Carmody <steven_carmody () BROWN EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:52:42 -0400

On 4/11/14 12:49 PM, Joel L. Rosenblatt wrote:
We keep a constantly updating list of any IP address that accepts
connections on port 443 using netflow information, we test them for
the Heartbleed bug and inform the machine owner if they have a problem

Can you provide any more detailing info about how you test machines for the Heartbleed vulnerability ? Are you looking at the headers that returned, or doing something else ?