Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: TicketMaster & Network Access

From: "T. Shayne Ghere" <sghere () FSMAIL BRADLEY EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:40:40 -0500

Hello Frank,

We have them on their own Vlan and have their IP addresses reserved.  We
have worked with their network team so that only their non-natted IP
addresses are able to use their VPN software to connect.  They do have
software installed on their machines from TicketMaster, but we don’t
support that software.  If they ever have an issue, they use GoToMeeting
and they either fix it remotely, or they send people from Chicago down to
work on it.

It’s worked like that for years for us that way.  There are two levels of
protection there with the IP addresses being “static” with port security
turned on as well as the VPN software installed and the IP addresses
allowed through their firewall to connect.  We only have 5 machines on
campus that use it, so we don’t have a large base of machines using
TicketMaster.  This is how they wanted to set it up, so we did it that
way.  We do have some lines in our Firewall that don’t allow our Student or
Wireless network get to their machines.  They have to establish the
connections in order for two way communication of which there are no
reasons.

I hope this helps!

Shayne

-----------------------------