Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: TicketMaster & Network Access

From: David Seidl <dseidl () ND EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:19:54 -0400

Frank,

We've dealt with similar needs by creating vendor specific VLANs in our
non-routable campus IP space. We typically treat them as an un-trusted
network, but allow our management tools in to ensure that the systems there
receive updates and can be monitored. You can easily adjust that balance
with some simple firewall rule changes based on your preferred risk profile.

David

--
David Seidl
Senior Director of Campus Technology Services